This is an entry to catch up on the last few days.
First of all, two nights ago, we had a welcome dinner with a show. The show consisted of some acrobatics, some Chinese opera, and a musician playing on an instrument that is unknown to me. During this performance, during an acrobatics part, I was pointed at to volunteer, and never the less, I ended up in a barrel on a woman’s feet, spinning around.
The next morning, after breakfast, I didn’t feel well, so my dad and I decided it would be better to skip the tour that day. Both my dad and I slept for most of that morning, and then by lunchtime, I was feeling better so we went out. I was hungry by that time so we found our way to the first restaurant we saw near Tiananmen Square, where the taxi had dropped us off. After lunch, we walked back towards Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City, and saw both briefly, since I wasn’t feeling that well again by that time, and it was very hot. We finally found a taxi back to the hotel, and then I slept until 8 o’ clock, when we ordered some room service, and my dad played some gin. I went back to sleep victoriously about an hour and a half later.
Now we are in the airport, ready to board for our flight to Shanghai.
-Margot
No comments:
Post a Comment