Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The First Travel Day- 7-14

Today I woke up at a normal time, ate breakfast, took a shower; the usual routine. I had told my dad that we were going to leave at 10:45, and because of his reputation for being late, 10:45 was fifteen minutes before he had told me that we should leave. The morning still ended up being a fiasco, however, with my dad’s boss calling, and the painter showing up unexpectedly, and of course, my psycho dog, Janey, barking. Despite these factors, we eventually got out of the house just a few minutes before 11:30. Oh, only about minutes later than I had suggested. Claudia, our housekeeper took us to the airport, and from there it was a breeze. There were hardly any lines in the Japanese Airway section of the airport, and once we got through security we got to relax in the VIP lounge since we are riding “executive” class. In the lounge, I enjoy some delicious food; sushi, a smoked salmon sandwich, and some Milano cookies. With the sushi, I was enjoying Japanese Airlines already. When my dad and I boarded the plane, we got to go up to the second story where our luxurious seats awaited. I had, and am still having plenty of fun playing with the chairs that can recline in almost any position possible. Each executive class passenger has there own induvidual screen filled with television shows and movies, games, and music. I enjoyed watching “He’s Just Not That Into You.” I also enjoyed my very Japanese, very interesting meal. (You could get the Western-style meal, also, but my dad got that and we shared.) The appetizers or “kobachi” consisted of things such as green tea flavor tofu with sea urchin and soft shelled turtle in jelly. There were eight little bowls of foods like this, and of course I couldn’t tell what was what so I just picked at these. I did quite enjoy the noodles, however. Instead of eating the duck meat ball for the main course, I swapped with my dad for some very good sea-bass. My meal also consisted of soup, rice, pickled vegetables, and a fabulous pudding-like dessert. Now I am just relaxing on the plane, with about six hours left. Obviously, I am writing this, and it is 5:11 LA time, but I won’t be able to post this until we land, possibly in the Japanese airport. (We are switching flights in Tokyo.) I will post another entry soon.

-Margot

1 comment:

  1. Ed just texted me that you are in China! I love all the food description. Keep it up. xoxo Mom

    ReplyDelete