

This morning was the first morning when I didn’t wake up around five, so I would say the day started out well. The breakfast was the usual, at the hotel, and then we set off on an hour drive to the Ming Tombs. At the Ming Tombs we just walked around and went to a small museum next to the hill where a Ming emperor was buried.
Next, we went to lunch at a restaurant with a giant jade factory and market next to it. We looked around at the amazingly intricate jade items, but did not buy anything.
Climbing the Great Wall of China was next on our itinerary. My dad and I took the route on the right side, which was more challenging and very steep. Of course, I made my dad go higher than he wanted to go, but he made me not go as high as I wanted to go. It was a compromised height. One of the reasons why it took focus to climb is because the steps on the Great Wall are all uneven. One will be two stones high and the next will be five. We made it down, and then bought some gifts and souvenirs at the only reasonably priced store at a tourist area that we had seen.
Now we are back at the hotel room and going to set off to dinner in a few minutes.
-Margot
Next, we went to lunch at a restaurant with a giant jade factory and market next to it. We looked around at the amazingly intricate jade items, but did not buy anything.
Climbing the Great Wall of China was next on our itinerary. My dad and I took the route on the right side, which was more challenging and very steep. Of course, I made my dad go higher than he wanted to go, but he made me not go as high as I wanted to go. It was a compromised height. One of the reasons why it took focus to climb is because the steps on the Great Wall are all uneven. One will be two stones high and the next will be five. We made it down, and then bought some gifts and souvenirs at the only reasonably priced store at a tourist area that we had seen.
Now we are back at the hotel room and going to set off to dinner in a few minutes.
-Margot
What is “the usual” for breakfast at the hotel? I like when you describe food… Glad the compromised height at the Great Wall worked for you two. Try not to hurt Ed. :)
ReplyDeleteSeems like you are having fun. Are there any kids your age at all???